National Arbor Day Tree Sale
Friday, April 30
Member-only Sale from 9 – 10am
Open Shopping from 10am – 3pm
The tree sale will take place on the Spark Patio.
With over 1,000 trees in the Park, come help us celebrate National Arbor Day! The Horticulture and Arborist staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide educational programs about trees and shrubs.
3 Gallon Tree and Shrub Species and Pricing:
Pricing: Member $20.00 Non-Member $25.00
– Shumard Oak (Quercus shumardii):Oklahoma Native. Deciduous. Medium to large size tree. 80ft tall at maturity. Fantastic shade tree that grows quickly. Beautiful orange fall color with grey smooth bark.
– Chinese Pistache (Pistacia chinensis): Medium size deciduous tree. 30-35ft tall and 25-35ft spread. Medium growth rate at 2-3ft per year. Brilliant red-orange fall color and produces interesting fruit.
– Eastern Redbud (Cercis canadensis): Oklahoma Native and state tree. Deciduous. 20-30ft tall and 25-35ft spread. Small tree with medium growth rate. Produces reddish purple flowers in spring and leguminous brown seedpods into fall.
– Chinese Elm (Ulmus parvifolia): Large deciduous tree. 40-50ft tall. Medium to fast growing Magnificent mottled combination of gray-green and orange-brown smooth bark.
– Sawtooth Oak (Quercus acutissima): Large deciduous tree. 40-60ft tall. Medium to fast growing. Beautiful linear leaves with bristle-like teeth along the margin. Large acorns have a hairy cap.
– Texas Redbud (Cercis Canadensis var. texensis): Deciduous tree. 20-30ft tall and 25-35ft spread. Small tree with medium growth rate. Produces reddish purple flowers in spring and leguminous brown seedpods into fall. Leaves are leathery and lustrous green and the mature form is more oval and compact.
– Chinkapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii): Oklahoma ative. Large deciduous tree. 40-50ft tall. Medium growth rate which slows towards maturity. Ash gray bark with yellow-orange fall color.
– Willow Oak (Quercus phellos): Oklahoma native.Deciduous. 40-60ft tall and 30-40ft wide. Medium growth rate. Linear type leaf. Yellow-bronze to orange fall leaf color.
– River Birch (Betula nigra): 40-70ft tall and 40-60ft wide. Deciduous. Specimen tree. Reddish brown to cinnamon-brown exfoliating bark.